We have a vacancy for a Gateway Network Technician to work as part of the Engineering Team to deliver client and onsite networking solutions and carry out all day to day functions on internal and external networks.
Please send CV and cover email to email@example.com before end 18 Feb quoting job title in subject line.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Participation in day to day aspects of Gateway Operations
- Provision of technical support to ensure contract delivery
- ongoing liaison with client companies during both installation and contract fulfillment phases
- Provision of IT Support for IP network, satellite gateway earth stations and RF network
- Provision of in-house & 3rd party hardware & software support in a Space industry environment
- Ongoing network surveillance, troubleshooting, resolving/restoring and break/fix activities
- Working as part of our Engineering team to support implementation and testing of new services during maintenance activities
- Co-ordination with Engineering team to implement configuration, change and other maintenance activity on the network
- Performance and documentation of Weekly, Monthly and Annual checks for all active systems
- Extensive documentation of works carried out in conjunction with company procedure policies
- Network architecture mapping and documenting, server upgrading and virtualization
- Routine software and storage back-ups including regular test back-up checks
- Escalation and emergency response participation in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment
- Third level or professional qualification
- Networking qualification/experience essential
- Server and virtualization skills
- RF knowledge/experience desirable
- Willingness to undertake ongoing skills enhancement
- Ability to troubleshoot and find solutions
- Own transport required
This position will suit a self starter with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work as a team.