This position is now filled. 13 August 2013: National Space Centre has a vacancy for a Groundstation Engineering Technician. Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org before 27th August 2013.
The successful candidate will work in a supporting role within the Engineering Department with responsibility for the following tasks:
- Maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting on various systems including satellite antennas, server equipment, 60 kVA UPS and 430 kVA diesel generators.
- Document maintenance logs and procedures for all systems.
- Produce site drawings detailing facility layout, electrical & data distribution and pre-installation drawings that would accompany planning applications.
- Design and implement diverse systems within the facility from safe roof accessibility to antenna bolt down assemblies.
- Emergency interventions as part of a 24×7 on-call Rota.
Candidates must work well in a team environment, have a flexible attitude, and be available to work as part of a 24 x 7 on-call rota.
- Minimum Level 7 in Engineering: Mechanical or Electrical or Electronic
Essential Skills Required
- Mechanical Aptitude.
- AutoCAD 2D/3D.
- Trouble-shooting of Electro-Mechanical Systems.
- IT proficiency.
Additional Skills (not required but would be a bonus)
- Basic understanding of Electrical Power Systems.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to attend interview on 5th and 6th September.