VACANCY :: IT Support Technician, 30 November, 2012
An IT Support Technician is required to support existing Enginering Staff, and will have the skills to deliver the following:
- To provide IT Support for international broadband services IP network, satellite gateway earth stations and RF network using established network monitoring control systems and tools.
- To carry out network surveillance, troubleshooting, resolving/restoring and break/fix activities on an ongoing basis.
- To work as part of our Engineering team to support implementation and testing of new services during maintenance activities.
- To coordinate with Engineering team to implement configuration, change and other maintenance activity on the network.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have:
- An IT or Network Qualification
- Solid knowledge of internet routing protocols such as Internet TCP/IP Services (DNS and DHCP).
- Experience in operating ethernet-based data network, cable modems and DSL networks or fiber optic networks and infrastructure.
- A working knowledge in high end Juniper and Cisco Routers and Switches is desirable.
- Two years relevant experience is an advantage.
Candidates must have good communications skills and be available and willing to work a rotating schedule in a 24x7x365 environment.
Please e-mail CV’s to firstname.lastname@example.org