We have a vacancy for a Groundstation Operations Technician to work in a supporting role within the Engineering Department with responsibility for the tasks outlined below.
Please send CV and cover email to email@example.com before end 18 Feb quoting job title in subject line.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operation and maintenance of satellite earth station equipment, and service resolution of technical issues
- Support of implementation, configuration and testing of new services during maintenance activities
- Maintenance of equipment inventory and maintenance records, ensuring compliance with applicable standards
- Extensive documentation of works carried out in conjunction with company procedure policies
- Assist with ongoing network surveillance, troubleshooting, resolving/restoring and break/fix activities
- Investigation of root causes on technical problems and assist in development of appropriate procedural and technical recommendations for improvement
- Performance and documentation of Weekly, Monthly and Annual checks for all active systems
- Design and implement diverse systems within the facility from safe roof accessibility to antenna bolt down assemblies
- Escalation and emergency response participation in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment
- Minimum Level 7 in Engineering: Mechanical or Electrical or Electronic
- Electrical knowledge/experience
- IT proficiency essential
- Networking basics an advantage
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work as a team
- Willingness to learn new skills on the job, and undertake training as required
- Own transport required
This position will suit an individual with excellent problem solving ability, and flexible attitude and good communication skills.