4 March 2013 :: NETWORK TECHNICIAN, Job Bridge Intern Vacancy
THIS POSITION IS NOW FILLED
National Space Centre has a vacancy for an intern to assist the Engineering Department with Networking Systems, and gain Network Technician Qualification at the same time.
This is a 9 month Job Bridge vacancy (view on Jobbridge.ie), and applicants must meet eligibility criteria as set out under the Job Bridge National Internship Scheme.
The successful intern will gain experience in:
- In-house & 3rd party hardware & software support in a Space industry environment
- Configuration, fault-finding & repair duties to maintain optimal systems performance
- Satellite Ground Station operations & maintenance
- Time management & operations planning.
The intern will receive formal/informal training in the following:
- Informal training: Satellite communication systems, time management and planning.
- Formal training: Safe Pass Training provided and Networks Systems training course, leading to a recognised qualification also provided.
On completion the intern will have attained skills in:
- IT & Networking Systems; Support systems & troubleshooting
- Satellite Ground Station operations & maintenance.
- Applicants should have strong problem-solving skills, be good team workers and be adaptable.
- Applicants should be interested in building on their existing skill set and gaining a qualification as a certified network technician.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) and strong attention to detail essential.
To apply please send a short CV and outline letter to firstname.lastname@example.org