National Space Centre is currently participating in Sagres, (Services Activations for Growing Eurosur’s Success) a collaborative project for FP7 topic SPACE-2012-1.1.1-01.
The objective of this programme is to test and validate the workflow and technology for tracking larger vessels coming from a distant third country port until interception.
The project also monitors selected third country coasts which have been identified as regular departure points for smaller vessels used for irregular immigration and cross border crime or as posing a threat to internal security.
Our current partners in the Sagres Project are:
- GMV Aerospace and Defence SA Unipersonal
- European Union Satellite Centre
- GMVIS Skysoft
- Deutsches Zentrum Fuer Luft – Und Raumfahrt EV
- Spot Image
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Foerderung der angewandten forschung e.v
- Guarda Nacional Republicana
- NATO Undersea Research Centre
- Guardia Civil Espanola
- Spot Infoterra hellas geo-information and space products and services
- European Space Imaging
- Engineering IT S.P.A
- Hisdesat Services Estrategicos
- Kemea Center for Security Studies
- The National Research Council of Italy – Institute of Methodologies for Environmental Analysis.